There is snow on the ground-of the powdered sugar variety-and yet the warmth of the concrete won't let it claim any real estate on its gray face. Our entire apartment has filled up with the scent of baked bread-a vast improvement from the smell of nothing which resided here before.
And I am in a new place. I am melting. I am trying ever so hard to thaw out the plans that I have made for my life. The ones that crowd out His voice. The ones that send me in a tailspin because I cannot make it happen now.
Roses are red
for a very good reason
and I am not God
not this nor any other season...
So I will continue to treasure these days of bread baking, honeycomb knitting, and lily white snow on the ground and bank on the fact that He will let me in on my future...when I am pliable...when I have melted.
No comments:
Post a Comment